Monday, March 28, 2016

Song Review : Stressed Out by 21 Pilots


source ,

This may not be a motivating song like "Fight Song" but it catches my ears to hear this song and falling in love with it on some reason.

First and foremost, Assalamualaikum to my muslim readers and for the non-muslims , may you have a good day :)

Back to the review.

WHY I LOVE THIS SONG ?

1) The lyrics.

It is so relatable with our lives on so many levels , especially for me who is crawling (?) towards adulthood. As reaching into that phase,sometimes we tend to feel insecure, we tend to stress on pretty much everything, our environment tends to give the effect on our decisions, we are dreaming big but others keep bashing us and tell us wake up and being 'realistic' and killing our optimisim, indirectly or directly.


Here i copied some of the reviews from musicbrackets , which elaborates more and much understandable (i perhaps) than mine :)



  “I wish I found some better sounds no one’s ever heard, I wish I had a better voice that sang some better words, I wish I found some chords in an order that is new, I wish I didn’t have to rhyme every time I sang”
The song then addresses insecurity.
“I was told when I get older all my fears would shrink, But now I’m insecure and I care what people think. My name’s ‘Blurryface’ and I care what you think.”
I feel this happens to the best of us, we’re all told we will “know who we are” or we will “find ourselves” in college (or around college age). When you actually get to that age, though, you realize that is FAR from true. You might know who you are, but you probably still have some insecurity about yourself or about your future.
Tyler refers to himself as ‘Blurryface’. In an interview with MTV Tyler explains that Blurryface is insecurity; the insecurity in him and in all of us. He says Blurryface is suffocating, which explains the black paint he often wears on his neck and hands.

Here's one of my favourite line in this song :
     
                 Wish we could turn back time to the good old days

, which we can easily relate and sometimes we're wishing to return to that phase (childhood or happy ones)where all we could thing is playyyyyyy and all happy vibes.Maybe we did fight but tomorrow everything's back to normal, no grudge is kept .

and also things are much simpler.Nothing much to be worried, maybe only worrying our moms become monsters if exceed our curfew perhaps HAHAHAHA.

again from musicbrakets :

“Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol’ days, When our momma sang us to sleep, but now we’re stressed out.”
I bet everyone can agree with this line. Seems like the older we get the more stress we take on. Our younger years without a care in the world were definitely taken for granted.
The song goes on to talk about memories from childhood.
“Sometimes a certain smell will take me back to when I was young, How come I’m never able to identify where it’s coming from, I’d make a candle out of it if I ever found it, Try to sell it, never sell out of it, I’d probably only sell one, It’d be to my brother, ‘cause we have the same nose, Same clothes homegrown a stone’s throw from a creek we used to roam, But it would remind us of when nothing really mattered, Out of student loans and tree house homes, we all would take the latter.”
Pretty simple; memories about siblings and old neighborhoods. When we look back on these things, though, we think of simpler times. And no one would take student loans over almost anything.

2) Its reality , not some sappy love song . *reality bites

I'm not saying I'm fan of love songs tho but sometimes we need some songs that reflects reality instead the songs that will make us bulding up castles in the clouds. Life is not all about relationship goals okay ?


3) The throwback vibe and the beat

It has a good beat to accompany the good lyrics and quite relaxing for a rap song *its actually an alternative rap song.I dont know about you but this has this kinda throwback vibe in it. Merits to the official video I perhaps plus the lyrics ?

4) It's not a weird thing, its common and its normal . ITS OKAY NOT TO HAVE A GOOD AND PERFECT LIFE :')

Again , I don't know about you but for me, when I listened to this song I felt that its okay for being insecure and wasting my times thinking about my life and regretting some stuff SOMETIMES because its normal.It is normal to have some regrets.It is normal you want things simpler.It is normal to feel insecure.It is normal if you have the desire to go back to your childhood era.It is normal.Everything here is normal because WE ARE HUMANS.We tend to regret, we tend to appriciate things later when we had lost'em all, we tend to feel insecure because we want everything to be perfect whereas humans, are creature that is full of flaw and mistakes.Those who seems perfect in front of you, you never know the flaws of 'em which they keep away from your sight. (okey what ive wrote XD)

Its seems to be that Josh and Tyler wants to convey this kind of message.

But make sure, only for some times. Dont let the negativity swallows the good and pretty things in you .


So, that's all for my review for this song. Sorry because I am trying to enhance my skills in English writing , aside to cater up (?) wider audience heeeee.

Do check 'em up !

*any grammar mistakes , mind to comment down there :) .

Thanks for your spending your time reading this bland review (my convincing skills are pretty bad in writing, you see)

See ya later !















No comments:

Post a Comment